Gratis geld verdienen met e-mails lezen? Meld je aan bij
Zinngeld, Surfrace, Qassa en Euroclix !
Op zoek naar God?
Tips On Cold Sore Home Remedies
09:36, 22/12/2007 .. Link
Finding the right cold sore home remedies that actually give you some relief is not an easy task it seems. We know about the expensive prescriptions, but what about some of the less expensive natural ways of treating a cold sore?
Here is a look at some of the more popular home remedies that claim to really work.
1. Using ice - This is arguably the most well known remedy. When you first feel the beginnings of that cold sore forming under your skin, put some ice in a bag or wash rag and apply it directly on the sore.
It is recommended that you do this for 10-15 minutes at a time, 3 times every day. The thought process behind this is that the ice will freeze and kill off the potential sore. They say you must do this before the sore appears in order for it to work. I must say that I have tried this method and never had real positive results. Yes, it killed some of the pain, but the cold sore was still there. But I know other people who swear by this cold sore cure. You'll have to try it and decide yourself.
2. Using aloe vera - As far as cold sore home remedies go, I found this to somewhat help. When you find a sore that does form you can get a few aloe leaves and use the liquid from them to rub on the sore or blister directly.
It is recommended to do this once in the morning and once at night. As I said, the results were somewhat positive for me. I also know that many people with aloe vera plants that they use for treating a cold sore.
3. Using tea tree oil - This remedy involves taking a cup of boiling water and adding tea tree oil, violet and herbal sage to it. As it mixes together you drink this a couple of times per day and within two days it will eliminate your sore.
I can't tell you if this method works or not since I've never tried it, but I've heard that it does for some people.
4. Vitamins - Taking extra vitamin B is said to work in treating a cold sore. Vitamin B-12 is the better supplement.
5. Other remedies - Some other methods include using a mixture of 100 ml of coconut oil, mixed with 2 ml of dettol and 3 ml of carbolic acid. After combining these together you put it directly on the sore.
There are also people who use witch hazel and lemon balm as well.
As you can see, there are many cold sore home remedies available. This article only touched on some of the more well known remedies. The next time you find yourself facing a cold sore, try one of these remedies and see if it helps provide you with some relief.
Terry Edwards provides helpful information on cold sores. You can find many more tips and information on eliminating cold sores by visiting http://AllAboutColdSores.com
My Photo Album
Recent EntriesTips On Cold Sore Home Remedies
|Hosting door HQ ICT Systeembeheer|