Not sure where to begin when planning for your honeymoon? When wedding planning, you should start discussing ideas with your spouse-to-be. Will you travel domestically or internationally? What type of honeymoon do you desire? Will it be part of a destination wedding? If you're thinking along the lines of exotic beaches and ethnic foods, you most likely will want to plan to travel abroad.
If you're looking for a quaint, quiet, lazy, get-away -- you may opt to plan for a scenic bed & breakfast overlooking the mountains somewhere domestically. Regardless of where you decide to go, the following tips will help you get there safe and unscathed from mental anguish:
1. Use the services of a travel agent. Their expertise and knowledge of packages and deals will help you save an ample amount of money as well as time.
2. Start planning your trip early. This will give you sufficient time to research your trip and find the exact accommodations that you want. Some places reserve up to a year in advance for popular seasons and resorts!
3. Before you book your trip, decide where you're willing to splurge and what things you're willing to skip out on. This will assist you in your planning and budgeting.
4. Take advantage of any agency that's willing to provide free information; whether it be a website or toll-free number. Nevertheless, beware of agencies that offer promises that sound too good to be true. They most likely are.
5. Make arrangements in your maiden name if you haven't had time to change all of your legal documentation with your new married name. This can be especially frustrating if you're travelling abroad and the name on your passport and birth certificate do not coincide with your travel ticket. It's better to play it safe and make sure that your name matches on every document you have until you return from your travels.
6. Expect the unexpected. You can have a plan and a budget written, that doesn't always mean that everything will go according to plan. Carry a sense of humor and good spirits. You'll have to remain cool and collected. After all, this is your once in a lifetime honeymoon. Why let the small stuff get to you?
7. Bask in all of your glory! Let everyone know that you're on your honeymoon! You'll most likely receive complimentary champagne, mints, candies, or a even gift basket in your room. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain!
Jen Carter is owner of My Wedding Blog, a free wedding planning guide about weddings
romantic honeymoon package honeymoon honeymoon package honeymoon vacation cruise honeymoon honeymoon suite honeymoon travel hawaii honeymoon honeymoon inclusive capri honeymoon jordan